Saturday, May 18, 2013

Portraits: part 1

i'm taking a Basic Photography Course.
i'm already loving it and i am just ending the first week.
(first of 4)
why am i loving it?
he (instructor) told me (everyone taking it) to get in close.
that's right.  
don't back away, go in close for the portrait shot.  
don't have distracting backgrounds that take away from the person...
teddy bear...
whatever i photograph.
get comfortable and unafraid of getting in close.

this week's assignment:
take a close-up of someone you love, in beautiful light without a flash.

alright...
done...
and done again....
i love this.

my first test subject.
 i posted these on the student gallery and got some good encouragement..

this guy i snapped while watching one of the videos and trying something out.  
he just happened to be sitting beside the computer.

since my girl is home with me she gets to be the main subject..
thankfully she doesn't mind, most days.


she wanted to lie down for a shot - this is one of my favorites so far. 

i told her to look up..she looked even higher than i thought. 

she was following my direction quite well.

when the sun went behind the cloud i snapped this one...
and i had his KONG so he would sit still for me. 

Bear and Lammie.
the kids' best friends. 

She needed to be in the picture with them.  love her wind blown hairs

my boy finally wanted to pose... but the swing kept swinging.




these are all unedited.
i posted them exactly how they looked when i took them.

do you remember when you would capture that amazing picture with your film camera?
no editing and you were still in awe.  
that was my goal with these..or at least some of them.

i'm happy with them.
so far.
more to be posted later.

* all photos taken with my Canon T2i








No comments:

Post a Comment